How does the competition work?
Launched in 2014, the International Poster Competition is recognised as one of the world’s largest collections of contemporary posters, receiving over 47,000+ entries from over 100 countries since launching. The competition is now open for entry and you are invited to participate.
- Enter your posters to the International Poster Competition via Enter Posters.
- You will then receive a confirmation email to acknowledge that your posters have been submitted successfully.
- Your posters will then be reviewed by the International Jury.
- A selection of highly-rated entries will be curated for the International Poster Exhibition in Olympia Gallery and Poster World app in collaboration with Nam Huynh and Sebastian König. These posters will also be published in the International Poster Book (approx 200 posters selected each year).
- Selected posters will be promoted via INTL social media and online to 100K+ active followers and viewers.
- You will be contacted via email if your poster is one of the highly-rated entries selected by the International Jury.
- 1st (Prize: £500), 2nd (Prize: £300) and 3rd (Prize: £100) place will be awarded.
- The results of the International Poster Competition will be announced at International Assembly live and shortly after on the INTL website and socials.
The competition is free to enter however donations are appreciated.
Competition closes at midnight (BST)
Jury view and select posters
All names of successful participants who will be included in the International Poster Exhibition, International Poster Book and Poster World app will be publicised online (on this page)
All selected posters available to view at Olympia Gallery
The 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners of the International Poster Competition will be announced at International Assembly live and published online shortly after.
Please read the guidelines below before submitting an entry.
- The brief is open. Submissions may be created specifically for the competition, for a client or as self-promotion.
- Up to 8 posters may be entered per participant. Click “add additional poster” in the entry form.
- The competition is open to everyone (students, graduates, professionals, etc.)
- Content submitted on the poster entry form must be accurate and include all designers involved. It is not possible to change this content once submitted.
- Moving and animated posters are accepted and celebrated.
- The entry must have been created between 2021-2023.
- The posters will be judged on their content, concept, and delivery, and value will be placed on design work which:
- Alters perceptions or ways of thinking
- Offers creative solutions to problems
- Contributes to discussion on current affairs
- Opens dialogue and provokes discussion for debate
- Makes innovative use of media or medium
1st Place: £500
2nd Place: £300
3rd Place: £100
A curated selection of entries rated highly by the jury will be:
- Exhibited in the International Poster Exhibition
- Published in the International Poster Book
- Featured in the Poster World app
- Promoted via INTL social media
Please submit your posters using the below format:
JPG or PNG up to 2000px wide under 5mb. RGB.
GIF or MP4 up to 1500px wide under 20mb. Alternatively a Youtube or Vimeo link can be provided.
- Raise your international profile
- Participate in a global project
- Showcase your work to a potential audience of millions
- Have your work published in the International Poster Book
- Be an International Poster Exhibition exhibitor
- Feature in the Poster World app
- Win prize money
- Be considered for a special feature across INTL platforms
- What are you waiting for?
Poster World app is founded from a collaboration between INTL creative directors Warriors Studio, Nam Huynh and Sebastian König built on a shared curiosity, a focus on the future and a desire to push boundaries.
Together we’re asking questions. What does a poster/design exhibition mean? Where should it take place and why? Where do posters belong and live? How can we expand the modes of display we are used to? What is the future of graphic design? How can we create a hybrid experience which combines the physical world with the digital and offer something which neither can offer on their own?
The app lets visitors become curators, it is a merger between a museum and a playground. You can even load in your own posters to display them in the unique and interactive billboards.
Download Poster World
How much does it cost to enter?
– It’s free to enter however, donations are appreciated.
Can a series of posters be submitted as one submission?
– Yes. If submitting a series, please combine the series together within one digital image for the first stage of submission.
What file type should my digital submission be?
– Static posters: JPG or PNG under 5mb. Moving posters: MP4 under 20mb or as a youtube/vimeo link.
What dimensions should my digital file for submission be?
– We recommend setting your file at a maximum of 2000px wide however any size is suitable, as long as we can see the content clearly and it’s under 5mb.
Can I submit animated posters?
– Yes. GIF or MP4 up to 1500px wide under 20mb. Alternatively a Youtube or Vimeo link can be provided.
Can my submission be self-initiated work?
What year should my posters have been designed?
– From 2021 onwards.
Does my poster have to be printed on paper?
– No, your poster does not have to printed on paper. This year will be focused on digital submissions.
Will there be an exhibition for the 2023 competition?
– Yes. This year’s full International Poster Exhibition will be running at Olympia Gallery online. The selected posters can also be explored through Poster World app. More information to follow soon.